Registering with Us
- Registration will need to be completed before you can book an appointment with us.
- Please allow 28 working days from submitting the form for registration to be completed, we will send a text to confirm you are registered with us.
- You will remain registered with your previous GP until you are fully registered with us. We cannot issue any repeat prescriptions until we receive confirmation of your past medical history and medication so do ask your previous GP for a supply.
- Our Patient Participation Group (Communicare) may contact you after your registration. You will be given the option to opt out of this contact on our registration form.
Step 1: Patient Agreement
Please read through all of our Patient Agreement before completing the online registration.
Step 2: Complete a Patient Registration Form
Our online registration form will collect your details, a brief outline of your medical history and record your preferences. This information may be added to your record and will allow us to begin to provide you with medical services.
Step 3: Register for Online GP Services
Step 4: Upload Registration Documents
Please upload copies of the following documents:
- A copy of your photo identification (passport, driving license or European Union (EU) Identity card). Only upload this if you registered for online services in step 3.
- A copy of the right hand side of your prescription from your previous practice (if you are on repeated medication[s])
If you prefer to submit your documents in person, please speak to the reception team.
If you prefer not to register online please complete the following steps:
Visit the surgery with the following information: WE REQUIRE (minimum) the General Medical Services (GMS 1) form PLUS the New Patient Questionnaire PLUS the right hand side of your prescription from your previous practice (if you are on repeated medication[s]). We are unable to register you if any of the forms are missing or incomplete.
All forms can be downloaded using the links above, or ask reception for a paper copy.
When you return the completed forms our reception staff will check them through for any missing information. Please avoid bringing your forms in between 12noon to 2pm as there is only one receptionist on duty and she cannot leave the desk.
New Patient Health Check
You may have a new patient health check if required. Please book an appointment with one of our healthcare assistants.
Valid Forms of Identification (ID)
To register we require photo identification (ID) (passport, drivers’ licence or European Union (EU) Identity card).
If you are homeless or of no fixed abode, then although it is helpful to have photo ID you can register without any.
Any other ID such as an HC2 Certificate, Rough Sleepers’ Identity badge, Hostel registration or mail forwarding letter would also be helpful but again we will register you even if you don’t have these. As we know it is more important that you can access health care when you need it.
If you are unsure on how to register, please ask at reception and they can help you to complete the registration process.