Welcome to our Flu Campaign!
Flu season is upon us, and it’s time to take action to protect yourself and your loved ones. Our Flu Campaign is designed to provide you with information, resources, and support to help you stay healthy and flu-free.
Why get vaccinated?
Getting vaccinated is the most effective way to prevent the flu and its complications. Here are some key benefits:
- Protection: The flu vaccine can reduce your risk of getting sick by up to 60%.
- Prevention: It helps prevent the spread of the flu to others, especially vulnerable populations like young children and the elderly.
- Less severe symptoms: Vaccinated individuals who still get the flu usually experience milder symptoms compared to those who are unvaccinated.
- Saving lives: Flu vaccinations can prevent flu-related hospitalizations and even deaths.
Where to get vaccinated?
Getting your flu jab is easy and convenient. :
- If you are eligible you should have received your invitation either by sms, email or letter. We are running our usual ‘drive-thru- clinic at Kings Cliffe Active during the week commencing 18th September 2023. If you are unable to get to KCA we are holding a limited number of small clinics at Wansford Surgery – please contact reception to book an appointment.
When to get vaccinated?
It is recommended to get vaccinated before the flu season begins. However, getting the flu jab during the season can still provide protection. Make sure to check the availability of the vaccine in your area and get vaccinated as soon as possible.
Other preventive measures
In addition to getting vaccinated, here are some other ways to protect yourself and prevent the spread of the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
“Don’t let the flu get you down. Get vaccinated and stay healthy!”